On Jan 5th I spent almost 5 hours running from one store to the next thinking that I may not make it back to the store again until after our baby was born. It was later that evening at 9 pm when my water broke. I think I did a bit too much walking that day. :-) This was the first time that my water has broken while still at home. It was a bit exciting! My house was a wreck and I was completely unprepared to be heading to the hospital on that day. My fingers were shaking as I scrolled down my address list on my cell to call and set up babysitting for the girls.
I was so grateful for my brother Josh and my friends Linda and Cindy who were all willing to take care of the girls at different times while we were in the hospital.
Well, when we finally made it to the hospital and got checked in it was just after 10 pm. By this point I really hadn't started labor yet. I actually didn't start on my own until 2 1/2 hours after my water broke. I asked for an epidural around 12:15 am. Eryn was born at 12:55 am.
She is beautiful. I was so happy to hold her in my arms for the first time.
5 comments:
So cute......but......we need more pictures:-) We are so excited for you guys, Congratulations!!!
Congratulations Brooke, she is so cute, and I love the name!
It's so fun to have found you again! Love your blog and I'm looking foward to staying in touch more frequently!
Congrats! She is beautiful!
Brooke and Robert and family: congratulations on your new baby Eryn. That makes to Eryns in the family...Robert's uncle Shane has a daughter named Erin Elizabeth...who is in college. She will be thrilled to know she has new Eryn. Your family looks so happy. Hope to see you all one day. Uncle Kurt and Aunt Lori
Post a Comment